Personalized Learning – What’s in it for the Parent?
- Allows you to spend more time with your child and to have a greater impact in his/her life.
- Provides you with on-going communication of your child’s academic progress. This gives you the opportunity to intervene in the event your child’s achievement falls below your expectations.
- Accommodates the learning speed of your child. Students take a minimum of one class at a time and work at their own pace.
- Gives your child the opportunity to work with just one supervising teacher instead of six or more. This allows for the teacher to more fully understand the learning strengths and weaknesses of your child and to customize the lessons to meet your child’s needs.
- Invites you to sit in on the registration and the orientation session with your child. This allows you to more fully understand the school’s expectations and procedures.
We reach out to parents by offering parent meetings and surveys. We have a parent advisory committee to discuss and determine policies and structure at our schools. Parents are also encouraged to meet with teachers to discuss their child’s progress.
What Our Parents Are Saying:
“Since my child has attended he has been able to go at his own pace. He is not distracted by others… has been doing very well.”
“I enrolled my daughter at Paseo Grande Charter School because she needed to make up credits and because she works better in an independent environment . . . She worked diligently towards good grades again and her attendance has improved.”
“I enrolled my child at Paseo Grande Charter School because she has dyslexia and was not getting help at the public school. I home schooled her for a couple of years before hearing about Paseo Grande Charter School and I am extremely pleased with this program.”